Monday 31 January 2011

Okinawa

Last weekend, I went to Okinawa with the ALT from Oyama High School. We left on a Thursday night from Haneda. On Friday, it was raining really bad. First, we went to Kokusai Dori. This road is lined with lots of souvenir shops and restaurants. When walking, I found something so strange. Apparently, in Okinawa, they make a type of alcohol that has poisonous snakes inside the jar. I was so shocked when I saw this. After this, we went to the Japanese Headquaters during WWII. It is an underground tunnel. Since it was raining and we were tired from the flight, we didn't do too much on the Friday.

On Saturday, we took a bus tour because public transportation on the island is really limited. Our first stop was Ryukyu Mura. This place is a recreation of an ancient Okinawan village. This place was so cool. We got to watch a lot of performances, but I didn't really know what was happening. It was interesting to watch though.
These are some of the performances.


This buffalo was making something by walking in circles. I can't remember what though.
After visiting Ryukyu Mura, we went to the Manzamo cape. It is beautiful here. It was crazy windy though.


Next, we went to the aquarium. The massive tank inside is really cool.




Outside the aquarium is a beautiful view of the sea. We took a lot of pictures here. The water is so blue and clear.

Finally on our tour, we went to Fruits Land. There were a lot of plants here, but the awesome part was we got to feed animals. It was so much fun. We were given sweet liquid, and the birds flew onto our hand and drank the liquid. After this, we found goats, and we got to feed them leaves. It was my favorite part of the trip because I really like animals.



On Sunday, we went to Shuri Castle before our flight. Actually, the entire castle is rebuilt, so I was a little disappointed. It wasn't what I was expecting. After this, we ate chili cheese fries from A&W and then caught our flight. By the way, taco rice is the best food on earth. I bought so many boxes to brings home.

No comments: