Thursday 20 January 2011

Birthday

Yesterday was my birthday, so some of my friends came to Gotemba for us to celebrate. Since it was during the week, my Japanese friends were busy with work. Japanese people are always so busy. They work really long hours. All my foreign friends leave their teaching jobs around 4, but some of my Japanese friends don't leave until 11 or 12. Usually, they only have time to meet on the weekends. It's such a big cultural difference. We went to yakiniku. Almost all of my foreign friends love yakiniku. I think foreigners like meat a lot more than Japanese people. One of my friends got me a really cool present. I really, really like the kuroneko symbol. I think its so cute. The mamma cat is carrying the baby cat with its mouth. It seems really loving to me. My friend had this t-shirt specially made in Canada. I was so happy when I opened the package because every time I see this logo, I feel warm and bubbly inside.

No comments: