Thursday 6 January 2011

China: Dec. 23-24

On December 23, I took the 5 a.m. bus to Narita. From there, I took a flight to Beijing, which took about 4 hours. On the plane, I watched "Kimi ni Todoke." It has Haruma Miura in it. I have thought that he is a good actor since I watched the drama, "Bloody Monday". Once landing, I unfortunately had to wait in the airport for 4 hours because my friend's flight was delayed. I met my friend at the airport, who is from Kazakhstan. She was an international student at my university and my best friend in university. After this, we made our way to the hotel, and then did some shopping. The next day, we took a tour to the Great Wall of China. First, we visited the Ming Tomb. It was pretty boring here, and actually, I don't remember what was here because I was too busy walking around trying to keep warm. Unfortunately on tours in China, they take you to government-run stores, so we went to the state Jade store and a herbal medicine store. This is a big waste of time, and everything is so overpriced. Next, we went to the Great Wall of China. The temperature here was so cold. It was around -25C or -13F. There was almost no one at the wall because it was so windy and cold. The surroundings were beautiful though.
The Ming Tomb

This was the strange ride that we took to and from the Great Wall. It was so cheap that I was worried it was going to break...haha. This is my university friend on the ride.
My university friend and me at the Great Wall of China



After finishing the Great Wall of China tour, we went to a hot pot restaurant, but actually, it wasn't very good. The taste was very bland, and the quality of the meat was poor, despite the expensive price.

No comments: