Thursday 27 May 2010

Mom's Visit-Day 10

Day 10 was a bit of a whirlwind. We got up really early and made our way to the Peace Park in Hiroshima. It felt strange going there because I am American. However, I felt really disconnected as well because I am so young. It’s difficult for me to comprehend any of that happening. After visiting the Peace Museum and wondering through the grounds of the Peace Park, we traveled on a really old tram to the port where we got a ferry to Miyajima Island. Upon arriving, the island was packed with tourists. It was pretty intense. However, I have to say that Miyajima is one of the prettiest places I have been to in Japan. The deer there are kind of gross though. They chase people around for food. After visiting Itsukushima Shrine and wondering around by the sea, we took a ropeway to see the top of Mount Misen. It was quite hot, and the trails were a bit more than we were expecting. I was really surprised though because Japanese girls were wearing high heels and walking the trails. There are supposedly monkeys on Mt. Misen, but I didn’t see any. I was a little disappointed. Coming back down from the mountain, we rode the ropeway with a 15 year-old Japanese boy. He was really eager to practice English, which made me happy because I want Japanese students to enjoy speaking English.







No comments: