Friday 14 May 2010

Mom's Visit-Day Two

On day two, we went to Ueno Park. I was surprised at how big it is. The first place we went was Ueno Zoo. It is a little small and for some reason the panda bear was missing, but overall, it was good. There were lots of families with their children and some couples on dates. I think my mother and I were the odd people not only because we were American but also because their were no older daughter-mother pairs. Also, there is a large lake. It’s really pretty because there are lots of people rowing boats on the lake. The next time I go there, I really want to rent a boat. Finally, in Ueno Park, we visited Toshogu Shrine and the Pagoda there. These are quite small, but worth a visit, if you are already in the park. To end the day, my mother and I visited The Tokyo Metropolitan Building in Shinjuku for an amazing view of the city.

View from The Tokyo Metropolitan Building

Lake in Ueno Park

Ueno Zoo

No comments: