Tuesday 18 May 2010

Mom's Visit-Day 3-6

On days 3-5, my mother and I stayed in Gotemba. My mother got to meet a few of my friends, and we went out for Indian one night. Also, she helped me with teaching a class, which was interesting. On the afternoon of day 5, my mother and I left for Kyoto. We used bicycles to get around, which was funny because I got to watch my mother attempt to ride a bicycle. The first day in Kyoto, we visited the Heian Shrine. I had been here once before, but I think it is my favorite place in Kyoto. The garden there is amazing, and it isn’t crowded with too many people. After this, we made our way to Kiyomizu Temple. It is one of the most famous places in Kyoto, but I didn’t like it all that much because it is really crowded. Also, it is a mission to go up the huge hill crowded with loads of people and shops just to reach the temple. To end the day, we ended up in Gion where we ate Okonomiyaki.

By the temple shops at Kiyomizu Temple
Pagoda in Kyoto
At the Yasaka Shrine
Heian Shrine's Gardens
Heian Shrine
Me in gardens of Heian Shrine

No comments: