Monday 7 December 2009

Shimizu S-Pulse

The past two weekends, I went to see Shimizu S-Pulse games. The first weekend, I traveled to Yokohama. The stadium there is really similar to stadiums in America. Unfortunately, Shimizu lost. The fans are quite different from those in America. Fans in America are much more aggressive. There is a lot of booing. However, at this game, no one booed. The chants in America are much more aggressive too and derogatory towards the other team. I think maybe the American atmosphere is more entertaining, but the Japanese environment is much more congenial and relaxed. After the first game, I was lucky enough to be invited to an after party. Being able to converse with Japanese people at the party was an amazing opportunity. I have been practicing Japanese hard, and I enjoy using it when I get the chance. In the future, I will start using Japanese as much as I can. The second game was at Shimizu. This stadium is very small and might be comparable to a very large high school’s football stadium in America. Regrettably, the game was drenched with rain the entire time. I think I learned a useful word though: bishobisho. After the game, we went to a really small ramen shop. We ate gyoza and ramen, sat and watched TV in the warmth, and discussed Japanese celebrities: my three favorite things.

Sorry these were taken on my iphone, so the quality is really bad.

Yokohama Stadium

No comments: