Wednesday 25 November 2009

Tokyo

Unfortunately, I forgot my camera this weekend when I went to Tokyo with Julie. The first day in Tokyo, we visited Yoyogi Park. There were some people there dressed similar to Elvis. I was super disappointed though because someone had recommended watching the Elvis-like people dance, but it was totally lame. After this, we discovered Harajuku with the wonders of Topshop, H&M, and streets with cute little random shops. I was beyond happy to discover that there was a Pizza Express there, but it was booked for a party. I'm definitely going back for some food though on the next trip. That night, we wondered around for a while in Shinjuku. We met some really nice people. A girl at a restaurant kept talking to us and helped us improve our Japanese. There were also some really creepy people on the streets though. Some older man kept talking to us at a street-crossing and kept trying to buy us a coffee. It was slightly strange. The next day, we visited Sensoji Temple and Akihabara. I'm not all that into electronics, so it was kind of boring in Akihabara. There were like 100 people standing outside the electronics stores playing their Nintindo DS too. I think I need to explore Akihabara more because I feel like things a bit farther away from the station would be cool. This weekend, I'm going to Yokohama for a Shimizu S-pulse game, so I'll try to talk loads of pictures.

No comments: