Tuesday 24 January 2012

Skiing in Hakuba, Nagano Prefecture

I had a very exciting weekend this weekend. I went to Hakuba in Nagano to go skiing. I have been skiing once before, in France about 4 years ago but I didn’t take lessons so I wasn’t very good. I was nervous about going again but I decided that I should take lessons this time.

On the first day myself and seven other ALT’s from Shizuoka and Yamanashi prefectures took a lesson together. It went really well and I realise that I remembered a lot from the last time.



There were some tumbles and we stayed to the lower slopes but visibility wasn’t good at the top so we enjoyed our day.


On the second day I only had time to ski in the morning and a friend who is good at skiing said he would take me to the top. I was a little scared because when I went to the top of the mountain in France I lost my confidence and couldn’t ski. However, this was a much better experience, I was able to ski and didn’t crash! It was a great experience and I was so proud I survived at the top, I can’t wait to go again.



No comments: