Wednesday 22 June 2011

Sports Day

The Sunday of the school festival weekend, we had Sports Day. I took a bunch of videos of the events, but for some reason, they aren't uploading. I guess I'll only post the pictures then. The Sports Day started with this weird Japanese stretching song. It reminds me of the military. I guess because it's so uniform.
During the day, I sat by the score board. The Judo team was in charge of monitoring the score. Below are some pictures of the Judo team.
I think the first event was the homeroom jump rope competition. I have a really good video of this, but unfortunately, it's not uploading. One of the next events was this thing where there were wooden poles. The students would run to the poles and try to pull them back to their side.
Here is Ms. Oishi talking with a student.
This was the 3-legged race.
This was a relay race.
The red team lost the relay, but they are cheering on their team member by surrounding him.
This was a really strange relay. They had to dive under this net, and stick their faces in some powder substance.
This was the club team relay. Here is a member of the table tennis club. Most of the teams ran in their sports uniforms, and used things like tennis rackets as their batons.


Also, the red and blue team had a dance competition, but unfortunately, I only took videos.

No comments: