Thursday 16 June 2011

Shizuoka Wedding Magazine

Recently, a friend of a friend was looking for a foreign person to model for her new wedding dress store in Numazu. My friend recommended me, and I agreed to do it. I think it was a really good experience, and it was really fun. My pictures are on her sign board and website. Also, two of the pictures have been put in the June edition of "Shizuoka Wedding." It's free, and you can pick it up at places like the convenience store, supermarket, or restaurants like Jonathons. This is the cover of the edition I am in.
This is one of the pictures in the magazine. It's a wedding kimono. The picture was taken during cherry blossom season in Fujinomiya. The shrine there is really, really beautiful. I didn't realize wearing a wedding kimono is so painful. When they were putting it on me, my face and hands started to feel really cold, and I began to get dizzy. I almost fainted, but they loosened it. After that, I was fine.
The second picture is in a traditional western wedding dress. I don't really like this picture that much. I think I look kind of scary in it...haha. Often at Japanese weddings, the bride often wears a wedding kimono and also a western wedding dress.

3 comments:

佑介 said...

Cooooooooooool!!

Isn't it available in Tokyo??

Dianna said...

Unfortunately, you can only get it in Shizuoka-ken :(

mailnet.sara@gmail.com said...

I am looking for a dress with japanese motive, is there any site where I can get it?