Tuesday 14 September 2010

Singapore - Day 2-5

Day 2:

The second day that we were in Singapore, we decided to see the Botanical Garden. There were so many amazing plants there. Also, what is even better is that it was free. I especially liked the orchid garden. Also, there were lakes and lots of pathways. Many people were enjoying the weather there. Also, you could walk through areas which were like preserved rain forests.


After going to the garden, we went swimming at my friend’s apartment complex. He’s really lucky because he has an Olympic-sized swimming pool with his apartment. It is really difficult for me to get to a pool in Japan, so it was nice to have one right there. That night, my friend's parents took us out to a local outdoor food court, which was interesting to say the least. It seemed like a lot of the food sat there for a long time.


Orchid Garden in the Botantical Gardens




Day 3:

The third day, we made our way to Sentosa Island, and just chilled there. We lay on the beach for a really long time. I’ve been a bit sun deprived lately, so it felt amazing to just bask in the sun. The beach was all man-made, so the palm trees were all perfectly placed. It’s really strange. That evening, we ate Pizza Hut. I miss pizza so much!!! After that, we went to see the movie “Inception.”


Beach on Sentosa Island


Day 4:

On day four, we went to Chinatown for souvenir shopping. Also, we went shopping on Orchard road. There are multiple topshops in Singapore. It was like heaven. Apparently, a new flagship store is opening in Shinjuku though. I hope it's just not as expensive as the one in Harajuku. That night, we went to the best restaurant ever. It was all-you-can-eat Korean BBQ. It included meat, vegetables, dessert, and drinks. It was so cheap. I’ve never felt so sick in my entire life from eating so much food, but it was so amazing.


Chinatown


The all-you-can-eat Korean BBQ Restaurant and my friend from university in Scotland


This bathroom was crazy. It had about 1000 mirrors and was inside a really expensive department store.


Orchard Road Shopping


Day 5:

On the final day, we went to the zoo, which is one of the best zoos I’ve ever been to. There was so much space, and monkeys kind of run free. There was an elephant show too. The entire place was amazing.


Julie (Kambara's old ALT) and me


Zebras!

No comments: