Thursday 24 June 2010

Culture Day - School Festival

This was my first time going to a school festival. At my high school in America, we had an art festival, but it was just some of the art classes' works displayed in the gym. It was nothing on the level of the Japanese school festival. I couldn't believe how much effort and work was put into the school festival. I was really proud of the students, and I think they did a great job.

The weeks before culture day, the English club worked hard on making their exhibition. The 3rd year girls decided on making and displaying English movie posters. I think the exhibition turned out well. I hope next year, we can make something even more amazing. My favorite exhibition was the science exhibition. There were so many animals. They had a snake and beetles. Also, I was viewing the exhibit with some of the English club girls, and one won a beetle. It was really cute. I think she really likes it. She took it home and bought wood for its box.

Also, I was really happy because 21 homeroom won the homeroom display contest. Every morning, I go to 21 homeroom's morning meeting, so I think of them as my good students. In addition, I got to help the girl's basketball club with their food stand. They made fried chicken. The food prepared by the clubs was really good. I got to try a few things for the first time like agepan.

Also, there was a cross dressing contest. I thought this was really weird, not because it was cross dressing but because a lot of the girls actually thought the boys looked cute dressed as girls. I didn't think they looked so cute. I guess that's it for culture day. Next, I'll talk about sport's day.

21 homeroom's display


English club's display





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michelle,
Really enjoyed your blog spot. Keep it coming.
Sis. Angie Lindsey