Tuesday 25 September 2012

First Round of the Speech Contest


 The first round of the Shizuoka speech contest was this weekend. It was my first time to attend a speech contest as Gotemba Minami had two contestants entered. They were Kana Serizawa, a second year student and Kanako Aoyama, a third year student.
 The girls worked on their speeches over the summer vacation and we practiced pronunciation and giving a speech in September. Even though we had practiced it was a very nerve racking experience. However, there was nothing to worry about as both girls gave brilliant speeches and I was very proud. They had both worked so hard and it showed by how well they spoke on the day.
 Unfortunately they both couldn't be winners but I am proud to say that Kanako achieved second place. I was ecstatic for her as all the speeches were so good and I enjoyed listening to them all. She will now move forward to compete against finalist from other areas of Shizuoka.  

No comments: