Wednesday 7 March 2012

Exploring Gotemba.

Recently I have been trying to get to know more about Gotemba and the different things there are to do in this area. I want to know about this area so if you have any suggestions of places to visit or things to do please let me know. Here is what I have been up too.


Peace Park

The Gotemba Peace Park was one of the main places that I read about before coming to Gotemba. The sculptures there are really pretty and the Buddha at the center is magnificent. It is a nice place to walk around however it was still January when I went so it was very cold. I am looking forward to visiting it in spring when the flowers and trees will be in bloom.







Yeti

I went to the Yeti ski park a few weeks ago. I heard that it wasn’t very big but I am not a good skier so I wanted to practice and for this it was great. I was really nice to ski for the day and it was such a luxury to be able to catch a bus from my city and go skiing. In Ireland we don’t get enough snow and even when we do get some our mountains are not big enough to ski. We usually have to travel to main land Europe, which can be very expensive.


These are my two friends who were snowboarding. I think I want to learn to snowboard next year.


We had the best weather and to ski in front of Fuji-san was lovely.

The views were perfect and we could even see the sea at Suruga Bay.


Komakado Caves

My friend and I went to find the Komakado Caves, which are near Fujioka station. It was a lovely day out and nice to walk around another area. I thought that the caves were very interesting but I they were smaller than what I had expected. I was a bit scared that there might be bats but thankfully we didn't see any! (I only had my iPhone so the picture are not great, sorry)

2 comments:

AussieOnTheIzu said...

The Peace Park looks really interesting. How do I get there? And what's the deal with these caves?

Dianna said...

The Peace Park is really nice. Its about a 15min walk from Gotemba station. I can give you directions if you come up. The caves are nice, but a bit small. I expected them to be bigger. You could probably see both in one day.