Friday 4 March 2011

Chili Soup

This week I made chili soup. I thought that Japanese people ate chili, but apparently, they don't. I told my Japanese teacher that I made chili, but he couldn't understand. He thought that I made something with chili sauce, but actually, chili soup doesn't have chili sauce in it. Now, I will give you the recipe if you want to make it.
The Ingredients
1 chopped onions
2 chopped cloves of garlic
1 large package of ground beef
2 cans of chili beans
2 cans of water
1 jar of tomato sauce
3 chopped tomatoes
2 or 3 teaspoons of chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
Red pepper spice
Cheese
Crackers
The Steps
Step 1: Chop the onion and garlic.
Step 2: Put the beef, onion, garlic, salt, chili powder, and red pepper spice in the pot.
Step 3: Cook until the beef is brown.
Step 4: Drain the fat.
Step 5: Chop the tomatoes
Step 6: Add the tomatoes, water, chili beans, and tomato sauce (This time, I also added eggplant, and it was really good.
Step 7: Cook for about 30 minutes on medium heat.
The Finished Product
The Soup with Crackers and Cheese

Step 8: If you want, you can add crackers and cheese when you are eating it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

but why do you use ground beef half fat half meat?

Dianna said...

Ahh Really!! I couldn't understand the Japanese, so I just bought beef. All ground beef is better. You should use that.