Tuesday 6 October 2009

Jogasaki Coast/Izu Peninsula

The first week that I arrived in Shizuoka Prefecture, I met some really nice Japanese people. I was really excited because I came to Japan to be able to meet Japanese people and hang out with them. Luckily, the ones I met are really nice. I've been able to go out to eat with Japanese people and be the only foreign person there. I feel really lucky because I think most ALTs primarily hang out with native English speakers. This weekend, I was invited to go to the Izu Peninsula. The other ALT, who leaves in Gotemba and teaches in Oyama, also came. We went to Jogasaki Coast. Here, the rock formations and sea are breath taking. We had to walk over a foot bridge to get to the rocks, and it was really scary. We also found this really cool outdoor hot spring. It was right by the sea, and we could watch people skimboard the waves as we soaked our feet.

As always...here are some pictures.











No comments: