Wednesday 9 September 2009

Fuji San

Ok soooo....climbing Mt. Fuji was basically the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. We started climbing at 10 p.m. Going up wasn't too bad. Everyone had flashlights to see the path, but you really couldn't see much more than a few steps in front of you. The whole experience was surreal because I had no clue where I was going because it was dark. I just knew that I was going up. We stopped off on the way up to grab some soba noodles with egg on top. It was delicious because I was so tired and hungry. There were people everywhere laid out sleeping. Finally, my group got to the top around 4 a.m. We waited for the sunrise, and all I could really say about it was "AMAZING". Standing 3,776 meters above the ground and clouds on the summit of a mountain doesn't really need to be explained in words, and I don't think words would do it justice. The pictures I have are really good, but the cold air whisking against your face, the beams of sunlight on your cheek, and the fresh scent of the morning air can't been seen in these pictures. The experience overall was one of the best and worst of my life. The way down was a descent into hell. A cloud of dust surrounded my every move. Most people had on masks because the dirt in the air made it so hard to breath and see. Miniature landslides occurred with every movement. There was no hope for stable ground. Finally after my 12 hour journey, I reached the bottom feeling accomplished and defeated.

Here's some pictures.










1 comment:

Nick Wong said...

What can i say Redman. I am impressed.