Thursday 27 August 2009

Mushi

I've decided that I will write about spectatorship later. I've finally uploaded some pictures onto my computer, so I've decided to write a quick blog about bugs since I have pictures of a few. Bugs here are absolutely terrifying. They are HUGE. There was a flying insect in the gym one day, and I thought that it was a bird at first. I wish that I could explain how big the bugs are here compared to the ones in the United States, but it is really hard to picture unless you see the bugs in real life. Below is a bug in America compared with some bugs in Japan that I have found.

A standard fly in America


These are what some Japanese boys described as cockroaches, but I don't think they look like cockroaches at all. These bugs live on rocks by the sea. There were loads of them covering the rocks. At first, I thought little kids were catching them and putting them into jars, but the kids were actually catching crabs. I was greatly relieved to discover this.

These are fuzzy caterpillars. There were thousands of them crawling around at a rural train station. There were so many that they were dropping from the roof and landing on people. I think that they might be poisonous or bite because I started to touch one and a Japanese lady seemed to be telling me not too.

1 comment:

Macwin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.