Wednesday 21 January 2009

President Barak Obama

This is such an exciting week in America. We have a new president! We get a new President every 4 or 8 years so these are always special events, but Barak Obama's election is particularly important for Americans. 

President Obama will be our first African-American president. This is so important to me. I'm not sure how to explain it, but I think this is a really positive sign that the USA is starting to change. We still have a lot of work to do, but it's an important step for us. 

Barak Obama is an exciting new president for many reasons. He also talks about a new direction for America and makes many people very excited about the future. He started getting ready for his job as President the day after he won the election. He has already gotten most of his staff together and started working. Americans are really worried right now, just like Japanese people are. There are many problems in the world right now, but Obama seems to be taking them very seriously. He's also encouraging all Americans to help each other and work together as communities to make change. These are really good signs that things will change and get better. 

One thing you should know: President Obama is a Democrat, President Bush is a Republican. I'm also a Democrat, so I'm a big fan of Obama. If you talk to an American that's a Republican, they can probably tell you more about why they didn't want Obama to be president. I can only tell you my opinion, but if you're curious about the Republicans feel free to ask some questions! I'll do my best to find you answers about their point of view.

No comments: