Friday 5 September 2008

classes begin

This has been my first week of teaching here at Gotemba Minami High School. This lesson I taught about myself and where I'm from in America and talked about some of my favorite things. I also brought the students some of of my favorite food to taste: peanut butter and banana sandwiches. 

Have you ever heard of a peanut butter and banana sandwich? I taught at an English camp for Yoshiwara High School in August and the students there had never heard of them before. If you think it sounds really weird, that's okay! There are a some people in America who think that too. I love them though. So did Elvis, but he put all sorts of extra things on them. I prefer the simple version. Give it a try sometime! All you do is make a peanut butter sandwich, just like you were making peanut butter and jelly. Only, instead of jelly, you slice up some banana. 

If you try it, let me know what you think! Did you like it? Or do you think it tastes weird? (It's okay, I don't mind if you didn't like it.)

No comments: