Tuesday 2 September 2008

ようこそ日本!

みなさん、はじめまして!

My name is Katie and I am the new ALT at Gotemba Minami High School. I am from the United States in America. Before coming to  Japan I lived in Washington D.C. I have been in Washington D.C. for the past two years attending graduate school. I attended Georgetown University and studied communication. 

Living and teaching in Japan is a big adventure for me! I have never lived outside of the United States before. Actually, I have only left the country twice! Once, when I was younger I travelled to the United Kingdom. More recently, I traveled to Japan with my mother. In the summer of 2007 we were in Japan for ten days. I loved my time in Japan and I decided to try very hard to come back and work in Japan when I finished graduate school. It took some work, but here I am! 

I am very excited to be teaching English here. I hope I can help the students with their speaking skills and teach them more about America. I also hope that learning in my classes will be fun! 

For myself, I hope to learn as much as I can about Japan, to meet many people, and try many new things. I have just begun studying the language and my Japanese is still very poor. I hope that I will get better with practice. In the meantime, please be patient with me. 

Thank you for your time! どぞよろしくおねがいします

No comments: