Wednesday 3 December 2014

Halloween 2014: Jack-O-Lanterns, Pumpkin Pie and Costumes!

Hi everyone! Sorry it's been so long since my last post! Things have been so busy around here lately! I have been busy with my first year students, but I've also been busy helping the second year students prepare for their class trip to Hawaii! So cool, right!?

Anyway, here's a look at our Halloween at GONAN this year!



First, my second year English Club girls approached me and said they wanted to plan a Halloween Party for English Club. They had a ton of ideas and the ones we liked best were carving pumpkins and making pumpkin pie. Since the girls wanted to be able to display our pumpkins for a while, we started Halloween a little early. We carved pumpkins the week before Halloween.






Since traditional Halloween looking pumpkins are hard to come by in Japan, we bought as many as we could find that looked appropriate and split everyone into tiny groups to carve together. They all worked really hard to make the cutest Jack-O-Lanterns!



Next, on the Wednesday before Halloween, we all took over the cooking room and baked together! I had pumpkin pure and pumpkin spice from America so it made our job a lot easier! Katsumata sensei also wanted to teach the students how to make home made soba noodles. So, us girls baked pumpkin pies, and the boys made soba!







So, that was English Club.

We also had some Halloween fun in and outside of the classroom as well!







I have to say, because of my students, I LOVE Halloween again!

Until next time,
~Dianna

No comments: