Friday 1 October 2010

Nihondaira Zoo, Giant Gundam, and Meiji Shrine

Recently, I went to two places. First, I went to Shizuoka to go to Nihondaira Zoo and see the giant gundam. I also went to Tokyo to see Meiji Shrine.

The zoo was a little sad because the cages were so small. However, since the animals' areas were so small, it was so easy to see the animals up close.

This is my FAVORITE animal!!!! It's so cute. It's a meerkat. In America, we have a TV show called Meerkat Manor. It's so cute. The announcer gave all of the meerkats names, and it follows the families.

We got to feed the giraffes leaves. My friend is obsessed with giraffes, so we waited by their cages for 30 minutes in order to feed them.
This was so cool. You took a little ski lift type thing to the top of the mountain. Then, there was this awesome slide you got to ride down. It was so cheesy looking, but it was so fun.

After the zoo, we went to the Giant Gundam. It is so big. I was really surprised at its size.

The weekend after going to the zoo, I went to visit Meiji Shrine in Tokyo. It is a really long walk and the weather was hot, so I was kind of tired by the time I got to the shrine. It's nice that there is so much green area in Tokyo though.

2 comments:

Rossa said...

hi michelle..

your post is great! can i just ask if is there still a mosque near the gotemba minami high school?i am visiting gotemba next week and i can hardly find any information on a mosque in the gotemba area... thank you so much in advance..

Dianna said...

Thank you! I have never seen a mosque in Gotemba. I'm sorry. I will try to ask some people and see if they know of any.