Monday 12 April 2010

Kawasaki-Shinto Shrine

Carly, the ALT from Oyama High School, and I took a day trip to Kawasaki the weekend before last. I had heard mixed reviews of Kawasaki before going. I had been told it was dirty because there used to be lots of factories there. However, when I arrived, I thought it was a really nice place. There were lots of cool things in the area we went to, and I didn't think it was dirty at all. While we were there, there was a festival at a Shinto Shrine. It was interesting to say the very least. There were lots of food stands and tons of tourists. I was surprised because I think there might possibly have been more foreign people than Japanese people. Below are some pictures I took there. After staying at the shrine for about an hour, we moved on to other parts of Kawasaki, which I will discuss in the next post.

These are the strange people at the festival we saw wearing crazy wigs. We thought they were so strange, so we asked to have our picture taken with them.

No comments: