Wednesday 8 October 2008

Happy October!

I can't believe it's already October. Time is going by so quickly! This is one of my favorite times of the year. I love the whole fall season. The weather is cool and refreshing, but not too cold, and the leaves begin to change color. Autumn is also when we eat many of my favorite foods. I love pumpkin flavored things and I love Halloween. 

If I were in America right now, I would probably also be eating many apples. It is apple season at home right now. Many people will go to apple orchards to pick their own apples or they will buy them at the supermarket. American apples are a little smaller than the ones in Japan and we have many different kinds with slightly different flavors. 

Instead of eating lots of apples, in Japan I've been trying more food with chestnuts. We have chestnuts in the USA, but we just don't eat them that much. Here in Japan, I see chestnut flavors everywhere! I really like the taste, so I've been trying as many different kinds as I can. The flavor is something new to me, but it still reminds me of the fall season when I eat it. 

No comments: